Monday, June 15, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!

I must make a confession...I went to the tanning salon this weekend. I usually reserve these trips for the middle of winter when my spirits are incredibly low from light deprivation, but the rain in NYC has persisted for so long that it became necessary.


I am not a native New Yorker, but a Southerner. Tanning is almost obligatory for any God fearing, bottle blond Southern Belle. I am none of those, so I usually forgo the fake'n'bake. However, my nerves are shot from being cooped up in my apartment with my better half and our son. Although writing could be my calling, or maybe cake making, I make my living in the legal industry. While my firm has been "generous" thus far, the industry as a whole is not faring well. My department is now two weeks away from our official annual reviews, when we will be officially told that there is a salary freeze and I expect to see a small round of "performance based" layoffs as a new performance standard is rolled out. Needless to say, I was very appreciative of my six minutes in the tanning bed and it's effects on my Vitamin D levels.


I cannot escape my roots no matter how far I run; I will always be a Coppertone Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment