Thursday, June 11, 2009

The one thing that saved my life

Living in NYC can mean having a small apartment with thin walls and limited floor space.

My favorite must-have item for the newborn stage through the first few months, is the Bright Starts Musical Bouncing Buddies Bouncer.

My son was colicky for the first two months and the only way I could get him to fall asleep most of the time was to sit him in the bouncer and gently bounce him until he drifted to sleep. This bouncer is as basic as it gets. It can be easily disassembled for transport and washing. In fact, we took my son to Washington, DC at 2 months an took it to the hotel with us on the train. It even went to Tennessee and Texas to see family also. The music and vibration is soothing and usually put my son to sleep very quickly.

There are tons of bouncers on the market, but this one really hits the mark in providing the essentials on a shoestring budget that is not a total waste of money. I am definitely keeping this for baby number 2 or will buy another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment